Relive Your Life Relive Your Life

Loved it, how long did it take you to write?

The Floor is Lava The Floor is Lava

Meh. The presentation was much better than the game. The retro load screen, the custom retro sprites, the pause menu, even the music all fit really well. But the game wasn't any good. There wasn't any clear objective, besides not falling down. There was no real skill involved, and no progression, just loops.

Orandze responds:

I'm sorry you felt that way. It was inspired by the popular childhood game of the same name. Due to children's imaginations, the scenario they picture while playing games is often a bit aggrandized. This game is intended to be my interpretation of what a child might imagine while hopping along furniture trying not to touch the floor :)

Binding of Isaac DEMO Binding of Isaac DEMO

Pick on the delusional

How appropriate.

Grey Story Grey Story

My diary of my time with this game

Time: 22:24 Current Rating Prediction: 3 Status: Stoned
-I have ingested a large quantity of THC, and, at a loss of better things to do, I have decided to play an online game. I selected a game from the list of 5 good things at the bottom of the page, based partly on the word "story" (which intrigued me), but mostly on the name "kevindoesart". Do art do you, Kevin? We'll see.

Time: 22:29 Current Rating Prediction: 3 Status: Still Stoned
-Writing that took longer than I thought it would. Starting the game now.

Time: 22:32 Current Rating Prediction: 4 Status: Stoned
-At a loss of what to do, I decided to hold left, and then push up whenever it seemed appropriate; which ended up being too often in my opinion. Until I reached a ribbon. Which was, y'know... Good.

Time: 22:34 Current Rating Prediction: 2 Status: Stoned
-Tried the same tactic back the other way, reached a four leaf clover. Which was great, because I reckon a four leaf clover is more useful than a ribbon, at least in the long term. Naturally, I became disgusted when I discovered that I could not exchange the two. Moving past the clover now.

Time: 22:37 Current Rating Prediction: 1 Status: Stoned
-I kinda like how gravity doesn't really apply to your guy, makes jumping more bareable (which is useful, considering that's pretty much all I've done so far). But I don't like that I've been jumping on rooftops for nearly 10 minutes and all I have to show for it is a ribbon, as well as the confirmed sightings of a four leaf clover and a neckless.

Time: 22:42 Current Rating Prediction: 2 Status: Less stoned, more tired
-Are you colourblind Kevin? It's ok. You can tell us.
More jumping. Back toward the left this time. I like to mix things up, y'know? I've seen plenty of grey, so I kinda get half the title, but so far the only story I can gather is don't jump too far away from home or you get lost. In grey.

Time: 22:47 Current Rating Prediction: 6 Status: half stoned, half tired. Eyes red
-I'm sick of jumping. I'm just lost in a bland world, depressed, unaware of any task I may be expected to complete, driven to near insanity by the inane background noise and generally left feeling empty inside (inspite of supposedly uplifting drugs). This was your plan all along, wasn't it, Kevin? Touche you artistic bastard.

Time: 22:54 Final rating: 8 Status: laying down, comfy, still somewhat miserable from the experience
-After a brief moment of staring blankly at the game, a part of my brain asking why the rest doesn't just turn the speakers down. The rest has responded by deciding that this game is not worth continuing. I am scoring it an 8 on the assumption that it is intentionally bad as an artist thing (see? You think no-one gets you, Kevin. I understand). What a ride this has been. Truly a high point in my life thus far. Thank you Kevin.

Tetris Labs Tetris Labs

Amazing potential

What you need to do is work out a specific set of tetrominos to solve each puzzle, and only have those drop.

This makes it a puzzle game, instead of just relying on random chance to complete levels.

Literally, all you need to do is go through the puzzles, find the solutions, replace the blocks from the random ones to the ones needed, and then resubmit.

It'll be a solid game when you've done that.

Tsunami Fighter Tsunami Fighter

Good game, kinda depressing

Once you let the wave get past you, you can't help but feel guilty...

Street Fighter LoA Street Fighter LoA

Feels like a real game.

Instead of trying to recreate the original game in flash, you have created something new and equally entertaining. Entering the combos after selecting the moves kept me enjoying the turn-based battles (which are an aspect of RPGs that I usually hate). I also liked the leveling up options, which actually had an affect on gameplay, and the useful ability to go back and re customize the selected stats. The story was also well constructed, yet brief enough to keep the fast pace of a Street Fighter game (loved the Rocky IV reference in the Russian fight as well).

On top of all that, it was challenging. I still haven't beaten Akuma, which makes the whole thing feel more legitimate.

Overall, excellent job, looking forward to more from you in the future.

Muja responds:

Thank you so much, because I really put a lot of effort in it, and it's very satisfying to read a review like yours.
Ehehe, Akuma is pretty bad. I'll tell you this secret... Even I, who programmed the game, could defeat him only once! Then I lost again, a lot of times! :-D

IQTester IQTester

I got 145

Apparently I'm a mathematical type learner.

2.5D Tutorial 2.5D Tutorial

This is shit.

You have no sense of perspective. A simple code to have the character increase or decrease in size depending on it's distance from the vanishing point would have been a huge improvement. Also, you suggested that having the bushes there, which the character would move behind after a certain amount of walking, would create a sense of depth. It doesn't, as they're all on one flat layer. This is just 2D, there's no .5 about it.

THEKRAIDSTER responds:

Well, if I add a section about walls, then it would be more 2.5D and have the character not go off-screen.

SSB.Brawlest Test Game SSB.Brawlest Test Game

I know its a test

But it's just too buggy. For one, don't make the platforms 3 d and then have the characters placed half way down them. On the circular platforms, you need to let the user walk all the way to the far edge, instead of falling before they get there.

But tbh, thats the least of the problems. The game fails on most levels.